Locations in the urban setting

Calella has unique and singular spaces for your productions. Apart from the magnificent set that makes up the city itself, the historical and cultural heritage of Calella offers settings with great possibilities for filming and photography.

Looking for someplace special? Contact us: hola@calellafilmoffice.cat

  • Church of Santa Maria and Sant Nicolau

    It was in 1525 that permission was obtained from the Pope Clement VII for Calella to constitute itself into an independent parish (until then depending on Pineda). In 1528 the land was acquired for the building of the new temple, which was consecrated in 1564. The tower collapsed in 1747 causing the destruction of the temple, which was rebuilt again in 1755 and expanded in 1785. The church was partially destroyed again in 1936 during the Spanish Civil war and rebuilt between 1940 and 1951, according to project of Jeroni Martorell.

  • Old City Hall

    Nowadays, it is the Public Attention Office and Exhibition Hall. This was originally the first Hostel of the town during the middle ages built on the grounds of the Fogassot family. It was then a bakery and butcher. It was completely restored and converted to the town hall in the 19th century until 1991 and now restored again to become a culture centre in 2008. Main elements: the semi-circular stone entrance. Still remaining from that time: is a beautiful stone portal and part of the antique facade, which was the entrance to butchers, this element resurfaced during the reconstruction of the interior of the building.

  • Llobet-Guri Factory

    The factory is a town landmark where many local organisations have their central offices. The factory has large naves and hosts all kind of cultural and leisure-wise events. Founded in the 1920s, it is an old textile factory which was one of the most important Spanish landmarks in this field throughout the last century. Currently the Llobet-Guri factory hosts both the Salicrú School and Radio Calella and Calella Tv studios, amongst others. The factory sports facilities include table tennis facilities and a “boulder” for climbing.

  • La Muntanyeta Sports Zone

    La Muntanyeta Sports Zone is a municipal sports facility with different areas for sports training. More accurately, the facilities consist of the Athletics Municipal Fields and the Sports Municipal Field, which has natural grass and a total area of 102x60m. It is located in the north of the town, close to the Llobet-Guri Factory. There are 4 locker rooms for the sportsmen, 2 locker rooms for the referees, an infirmary, storehouses, meeting rooms, a gym, many stands, artificial lights and a parking, amongst other things.

  • Municipal sports hall “Parc Dalmau”

    The Parc Dalmau municipal sports hall is a covered sports centre. It has a central playing field for indoor football, handball, basketball and volleyball. It also has 2 cross playing fields for basketball, handball and volleyball. The pavement of the playing field is made of PVC and has a total area of 1.232m2. The sports hall has stands for 450 spectators, 4 locker rooms for the sportsmen, 2 locker rooms for the referees and monitors, several storehouses and meeting rooms, an infirmary and bar service.

  • Manuel Puigvert Promenade

    The promenade was built in 1927 and is named after the Mayor who started the project, Manuel Puigvert “Soques”. The inauguration was made at the same time as the municipal market, the new abattoir and the reform of the lighthouse. This popular construction separates the beach of Calella and the railway track. It is an emblematic and pleasant space where the townspeople go for a stroll or to work out.

  • Municipal Market

    The municipal market is located at the Primer d’octubre square, on the town centre, and it was inaugurated in 1927. This “noucentista” building is the work of Jeroni Martorell, one of the most prolific architects that Calella has ever had. In the market you can find stands which sell fruits, vegetables, dry sausages, boiled legumes or even fish and butcher shops. It is a place which faithfully reflects the lively and welcoming vibe of the local population.

  • Old Cemetery

    Also known as the Sea Cemetery of Calella, it is located a few meters away from the Gran beach. It is an open space with a noteworthy green zone and elegant stone pantheons place in the old part of the cemetery. Both the central location and the elegance of the place make the old cemetery a suitable place to film.

  • Calella’s Old Quarter

    Calella’s old quarter is the historical center of the town. The old quarter particularly stands out because of the Archpriest Church of Saint Mary and Saint Nicholas build in 1747. The “plaça de l’Església” (Church square) hosts a great variety of markets, fairs and cultural festivals throughout the year. Next to the “plaça de l’Església” there is the “plaça de l’Ajuntament” (Town council square), where local concerts and all sort of cultural and leisure-wise events take place. The old quarter is a very charming zone which is ideal both for those who want to have fun and those who want to dive into the local culture of Calella.

  • Jovara street (Cactus house)

    Jovara street is a well-known street in the town center. This street goes through the whole town center and it is located between the main street of the town, Església street, and Anselm Clavé street, which is next the railroad track and the avenue Passeig Manuel Puigvert. One of the most renowned places of the street is the so-called “Cactus house”: an apartment block known for having all kind of cactus and plants in its balconies. A location as unique as dreamy.

  • Església Street

    One of the most emblematic streets of Calella. Església street is the pedestrian artery of the town which goes through the whole town center. It’s one of the largest spots of tourist attraction in the town due to its centrality and commercial and leisured activity. The main characteristic feature of the street is its pavement made with white and red paving stones. This colorful pavement makes the Església street a local landmark.