Church of Santa Maria and Sant Nicolau
It was in 1525 that permission was obtained from the Pope Clement VII for Calella to constitute itself into an independent parish (until then depending on Pineda). In 1528 the land was acquired for the building of the new temple, which was consecrated in 1564. The tower collapsed in 1747 causing the destruction of the temple, which was rebuilt again in 1755 and expanded in 1785. The church was partially destroyed again in 1936 during the Spanish Civil war and rebuilt between 1940 and 1951, according to project of Jeroni Martorell.
Size areaThis church has a Latin cross plan with a single nave of 49 meters long. Bell tower 42m high with a square base, with an octagonal upper structure.
TimetableOpen hours of the Parish Temple: 8.30 - 13.30 h and 16.30 - 20.30 h.
Access by vehicleYes
Car parkYes. Car park Bartrina
ObservationsConstruction: XVIII C (original edification XVI C) Style: neoclassic-baroque